Microsoft has released on their YouTube channel a great deal of sessions that were recorded at the Microsoft Ignite conference that took place this week in Orlando, Florida. Many of them are on Dynamics
CRM 365 Customer Engagement (CE for short).
One of them is particularly insightful for architects and developers, as it relates to platform considerations: solution management (Microsoft is more than ever pushing for managed), virtual entities, new types of attributes, .NET SDK changes, new admin API… A MUST WATCH
Lots of other sessions have been recorded on Dynamics 365:
- Delivering insight and intelligent action with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Connect Dynamics 365 and business application data with Common Data Service for powerful
- Portals for Microsoft Dynamics 365: New features, use cases, and best practices
- Advancing the Experience Business together – CDM + XDM
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 runs on trust
- Extend Microsoft Dynamics 365 to create custom solutions unique to your business
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales productivity and relationship insights
- Tips & Tricks for Deploying and Managing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales and Service
- Deploying and managing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement with PowerShell (Repeat)
- Stay ahead with the new tools for innovation with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Personalize your customer engagement with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Overview: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Microsoft 365 Business under the hood: How to configure, deploy, and manage in your organization
- Optimize your business operations with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Documentation for Microsoft Dynamics 365: Great things are happening!
- Accelerate your Microsoft 365 deployment with partners and FastTrack
- Microsoft FastTrack for Dynamics 365: Speed up time to value and successful adoption
- Microsoft 365 Business: Is it right for you?